Code 500 Internal Server Error...pls help RRS feed

• Question

• User1989204087 posted

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem and hope you can help. I hosted my Mobile Web application on a Web hosting service. To my surprise , I see the statistic report on my Mobile Web has Code 500 Internal Server Error ---402 times recorded. What is this? Why it happens as the Web Hosting service has ASP.Net V1.1 .

Can you tell me why this happened and How can I put a stop to this?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 4, 2006 9:10 PM

All replies

• User-1839316842 posted

Do you know the URL that is causing the 500 error? If your "Mobile Web" isn't giving you the details try pulling up the URL in a browser and see what the error is. If you are using IE you will have to go to:

Internet Options > Advanced > and uncheck (or check I can't remember) "Show friendly HTTP error messages."  

-David

Friday, May 5, 2006 12:43 AM
  • User1989204087 posted

Hi David,

I dont have any error or problem using MS IE to see all the Mobile Pages in My Mobile web application. every page I visit will get loaded.

I suspected This Code 500 error happened when users use Mobile browsers to visit  my Mobile web application. I beleive that WML and HTML- mobile browser will not cause any problem. I think it is the XHTML-mobile browser will cause the problem.

I am not 100% sure. I need to know why Code500 appeared > 400 times in the first place. If viewing with Ms IE is not the problem.

any help?

Do you know the URL that is causing the 500 error? If your "Mobile Web" isn't giving you the details try pulling up the URL in a browser and see what the error is. If you are using IE you will have to go to:

Internet Options > Advanced > and uncheck (or check I can't remember) "Show friendly HTTP error messages."  

-David

Friday, May 5, 2006 4:34 AM