Unable to Create App Packages RRS feed

• Question

• Since the new portal went live I've been unable to create updated app packages for my Windows Phone 8.1 app. The workflow I've been using in the past is as follows:

From Visual Studio 2013 running on Windows 10 preview builds:

1) Right click on phone project and create app packages

2) Click through to Select an app Name screen

3) Select the app I want to target ensuring "include app names that already have packages" is checked

In this case i'm selecting App Name: BringCast 4 Beta with a package identity in windows phone store: 59186Clarkezone.BringCast4Beta

4) Click through to create the packages.  Previously this would have worked fine but now i'm getting the following error in VisualStudio:

Error 5 The Name attribute of the Identity element in the app manifest must have the Package name value of the selected app: '59186Clarkezone.BringCast4Dev'. C:\Users\jeclarke\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BC4Trunk\Source\Ui.WindowsPhone\Package.appxmanifest 3 13 WindowsPhone

This appears to be a bug.  Although '59186Clarkezone.BringCast4Dev' appears in the list of apps it isn't the one I actually selected on the previous screen.  I'm currently blocked from publishing an update to our app and need some help / support.

Update:

If I deselect "Include app names that already have packages" then the app that would be selected in the list view in the same position in the list (index 3) is '59186Clarkezone.BringCast4Dev' so it looks like whilst visual studio understands the notion of including app names that have packages the updated service maybe does not?

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:46 AM