none
Intermittent FTP Connection Issues

Question

• I'm starting to use ADF more and more to move data into our ecosystem.  Several of our sources are public FTP sites, such as NOAA and the USDA.  On occasion, I'll try to run a pipeline and the job will fail.  When I go to the connection and hit test connection I'll get the very generic "Connection failed Internal Server Error. Activity ID:166ff898-<g class="gr_ gr_344 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="344" id="344">dadf</g>-4db1-803d-7866c8ab3569".

What makes this tough to figure out is, after a few minutes or so, the connection works again.  Is there any way to get more details on why this connection will fail, only to start again later?

Friday, June 1, 2018 6:41 PM

All replies

• Are you using AKV in your linked service? Have you published your linked service before testing connection?

Currently, our portal has a bug. We are trying to fix it soon.  Before that, you need publish your linked service before testing connection if AKV is used.

Monday, June 4, 2018 8:02 AM
  • I'm not using the key vault for these <g class="gr_ gr_53 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="53" id="53">connections,</g> since they are anonymous credentials.

I am currently publishing the linked <g class="gr_ gr_99 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="99" id="99">services,</g> and trying to test connection from the linked service screen.

Monday, June 4, 2018 3:53 PM
  • Are you still hitting this? Could you share your screen shot when you hitting this issue?
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 2:41 AM