Help Needed On Custom Resource-Provider Model in ASP.Net 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User4340704 posted

I am new to ASP.Net 2.0, as per my requirements i have to use resources from hybrid sources(Some from database and some from resource file) i got some article in MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905797(d=printer).aspx#exaspnet20rpm_topic4 but it is not cleare that how to use both.

My requirement is i have one Lable with id "lblMonth" and one DropDownListBox with id "ddlMonth", lable should take value "Select month" in English and French from resource file and ddlMonth should take values "January" to "December" in English and French from database

Please if any one having solution for this then send it to me.It would be more helpfull if you send any code sample.

my mail id is ssirfan29@oneindia.in

thanx

Irfan

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:47 AM

All replies

• User1622957740 posted

That will be very difficult to do. ASP.NET uses a resource provider and that resource provider is used for all resource access through ASP.NET's resource access mechanism.

Basically you can only run one type of resource through the provider. What you could do is set your database provider as the ASP.NET provider and then use an explicit ResourceManager for the Resx resources but this will be horribly confusing.

What's going on that you need both? This seems like serious architecture problem...

+++ Rick ---

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:09 PM