none
CORS policy error for AutoSuggest API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had been using the AutoSuggest UI from past 2months and i was not receiving any error. today it was giving me CORS policy error on typing on the input box. I had also tested the sample code from the bing development sdk and checked in the localhost it is still the same error where previously i did use the same code when building. Below is the error log for your references.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://www.bing.com/api/v6/Places/AutoSuggest?q=dallas&appid=************&mv8cid=*****************&mv8ig=***&localMapView=**,**,***,***&localcircularview=1**,100&count=4&structuredaddress=true&types=place,address&setmkt=en-IN&setlang=en-IN&histcnt=&favcnt=&clientid=***' from origin 'https://localhost:**' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.

Thanks,

sanjay

Monday, June 15, 2020 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Sine,

Thank you very much for following up! The fix is propagating through multiple Data Centers so if you are still seeing the issue, it should be clearing up soon.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

• Marked as answer by Sanjay_stark Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:16 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2020 9:07 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I am experiencing the exact same issue. It is possibly as recent as this weekend.

Enabling "security" on the API key being used and specifying allowed referers on the Bing Maps dev center does not solve the problem (the response still has a "Allow-Origin: *" header).

Monday, June 15, 2020 2:42 PM
  • I also just recently starting experiencing this issue. We have had this code in production for several years now and this error just recently surfaced.
    Monday, June 15, 2020 2:45 PM
  • Same issue occurring here, no code / configuration changes were made, noticed this issue this morning
    Monday, June 15, 2020 2:50 PM
  • Hi Folks,

The team is working on a fix for this issue right now and is currently deploying so hopefully the CORS error will be cleared soon.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, June 15, 2020 6:19 PM
    Owner
  • Looks like the fix is live, from where I'm standing; CORS errors have gone away.
    Monday, June 15, 2020 7:49 PM
  • Hi Sine,

Thank you very much for following up! The fix is propagating through multiple Data Centers so if you are still seeing the issue, it should be clearing up soon.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

• Marked as answer by Sanjay_stark Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:16 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2020 9:07 PM
    Owner
  • Hi all,

Now issue is resolved and its working fine thanks.

Sincerely

Sanjay 

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:19 AM
  • Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for returning to the forums to confirm the fix.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 5:58 PM
    Owner