none
After install VS2015 flash

Question

• Hi

After installing an addon when I try to start VS2015 I just a flash ans VS terminate without any error message.

I have uninstalled it twice completly and re installed but the problem remains.

I'm using Win7 Entr.

I have run anti virus and cclean but still not solved.

Thanks for your help.

Bernard

Bernard Bourée

Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:14 PM

All replies

• If Visual Studio crashes then try /SafeMode which will disable addon items. If VS starts this way you need to remove the addon (thinking from the project).

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:05 PM
  • You can try asking your question in forum for Visual Studio.

La vida loca

• Proposed as answer by IronRazerz Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:39 PM
    Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:29 PM
  • Hi 

I have done it but this time VS just hang showing the main menu but nothing is actice.

I had to kill it.

Bernard

Bernard Bourée

Monday, April 18, 2016 11:34 AM
  • If you mean that after using /SafeMode Visual Studio hangs then try running the install for Visual Studio and select "Repair".

I am moving your question to the Visual Studio forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, April 18, 2016 11:37 AM
  • Hi Bernard,

Please disable the anti-virus and firewall, restart your machine then try it agian.

Since you have tried reisntalled, but still no help. I suppose there might be something wrong with your VS2015 installation.

Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to  https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link here.

I will help to check the installation logs for you.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:25 AM
  • Hi Bernard,

Any update about your issue? Please provide us the installation logs so that we could better troubleshoot your issue.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:01 AM