none
Sign Language Application using VGB RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, im new here, im  from Indonesia im a student in my local hometown and im the first one in my town making a project with kinect v2, and it never taught in my collage so im having difficulity here 

Im already studied everything in Microsoft Virtual Academy about Kinect V2, and watched the video and read the paper, i have ongoing undergraduated thesis and what im trying to make  is Indonesia sign language using VGB, im already make the database and the code is already read my destured with confidence : 0.6 and more, but the problem is since im trying to make sign language application it must be translate from body language to text, and im trying to do it but it never show the name of my gestures in the application, right now i just make three gestures in my database and all detected in program  and my question is :

How to call the name of my gesture in my program? is it possible to do that?

btw im just using the sample code in Kinect SDK only minor change to read three of my gestures

thank you very much :)

Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure what you are actually asking. If you are detecting your gestures, you are already accessing the gestures names with the "Name" property of the "Gesture" class in the Reader_GestureFrameArrived method.

In the DiscreteGesturesBasics-WPF demo, the user interface is updated with the UpdateGestureResult from the GestureResultView class. If you want to show your gesture name, you can just add that parameter to the function and write it in a textblock.

Friday, April 29, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Hi, im from yogyakarta,

i am developing kinect v2 for my undergraduate thesis as well.

Would you like to give more explanation?
    there are may kind of sign language (SL), what kind of SL you intended to develop? What data you stored in your database? are you involving machine learning in this application?

Saturday, May 14, 2016 2:19 PM