none
Need to fetch data from Remedy database to excel after passing a parameter to query RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up a parameter query using ODBC-Microsoft Query to BMC Remedy The ODBC connection is "AR System ODBC Data Source".

I want to pass a parameter to modified date field and get all the remedy tickets for which the modified date is<= to the passed parameter date.

So in MS query, SQL-  the query looks like

WHERE ("Table name"."Create Date">={ts '2014-10-01 00:00:00'}) AND ("Table name"."Modified-date"<=?)

I am getting the data fetched from database in the MS query window, but unfortunately

When I click File-Return Data to Microsoft Excel, its showing an error: Driver]Parameter missing

I set the connection properties- parameter-Prompt for value using the following string.

----Finally I saw from a site that Excel's parameter query does not support extraction of data from Remedy's database. Is it true??

Can anyone here help me with another way to connect to Remedy database from excel and fetch data by passing parameter.

-->I found some VBA code, excel macro etc explained in some sites. I am new to this so

can anyone give me step by step way to do this and vba code also

Please help

Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi NiveaGManohar,

Thanks for posting in the VBA Forum.

I think you would be better of to ask your question at Support Remedy as your question is more related to the Remedy Database and how to query the Database in other Applications such as Excel.

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi NiveaGManohar,

Thanks for posting in the VBA Forum.

I think you would be better of to ask your question at Support Remedy as your question is more related to the Remedy Database and how to query the Database in other Applications such as Excel.

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 4:57 PM
  • I posted in many forums including excel forums.

I need vba code for connecting with database (of remedy).

I will try posing in BMC remedy forums also.

If anyone from this forum could help me ..pls help :)

Friday, October 10, 2014 4:05 PM