none
I get a 404 error when attempting to access Azure Marketplace with a .edu account. RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to access Azure Marketplace when logged into my Microsoft account I have through the University of Colorado with a @colorado.edu email, I get a 404 error displaying a link stating "Go to Azure Marketplace;" if I attempt to follow this link, my browser (I tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox) throws an error stating: 

This Page isn't working

azuremarketplace.microsoft.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

However, when I use my personal Office 365 account that is attached to a gmail address Azure Marketplace works just fine. Is there some kind of licensing situation with my University that's causing this/do I need to be signed up through some service/am I doing something wrong?

Saturday, November 23, 2019 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you created any subscription under your student account?

-Malleswar

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:04 AM
  • May be the account you're tying to access is not authorized to access Azure. You may want to check with your university if they're enrolled with Microsoft Azure. If yes, they need to provide access to you to Azure.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 2:42 PM
  • Yeah I have the "Azure for Students" subscription as of right now.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 7:39 PM
  • I've sent a support email to the university's Office of Information Technology, but I was able to deploy and ssh into a Linux VM on Azure so I think Azure itself is working just fine, the problem seems to be specifically with the marketplace. I'll let you know what their response is.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 7:49 PM
  • Just FYI: 

Can I apply any of my USD100 credit toward Azure Marketplace offers?

No, you cannot apply your credit to Azure Marketplace offers. However, many Azure Marketplace partners offer free trials and/or free tier plans for their solutions.

Reference: Azure for Students FAQ

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Thanks! Fortunately the only costs associated with the Geo AI are the ArcGIS subscription which I have and the VM costs.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:01 PM