none
Build issue

Question

• Hi

I Have installed VS 2010 on x64 bit machine , I have installed a qt plugin for qt 4.8.2 in it.I code is accessing the qt libraries and thir party libraries which are 32 bit. while biulding the code I am getting this error "LNK1112"module machine x64 conflict with target machine x86".

Please le me know how to resolve this error.

regards

Hitz14 

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Hitz14, 

>>"LNK1112"module machine x64 conflict with target machine x86".

Generally the error means that you are trying to link libraries that were compiled with different CPU targets.  An executable image can only contain 32-bit or 64-bit code, the mixing is not possible.

So you would check that whether you use the mix libraries in your side.

In addition, the QT was the third party library, you know that we didn't support the third party product, like this thread here:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/34467/module-machine-type-x64-conflicts-with-target-machine-type-x86/2

You could discuss this issue with the QT experts if just the specific QT project has this issue.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:55 AM

All replies

• This is a Visio (office) forum, not Visual Studio. I'd suggest reposting in the correct forum.

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:02 PM
  • Hi,

As this is a question about Visual Studio, I've moved this thread to the Visual Studio forum.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:38 AM
  • Hi Hitz14, 

>>"LNK1112"module machine x64 conflict with target machine x86".

Generally the error means that you are trying to link libraries that were compiled with different CPU targets.  An executable image can only contain 32-bit or 64-bit code, the mixing is not possible.

So you would check that whether you use the mix libraries in your side.

In addition, the QT was the third party library, you know that we didn't support the third party product, like this thread here:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/34467/module-machine-type-x64-conflicts-with-target-machine-type-x86/2

You could discuss this issue with the QT experts if just the specific QT project has this issue.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:55 AM
  • I ended up here looking for information about this build issue.

The reason is clear, but is there any way to establish which library has been compiled for a different platform? I cannot figure out which one is raising the error... 

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:33 AM