HTML AppCache

Question

• Attempting to merge another thread here so I can reply

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi here's my scenario :

• I have sharepoint data accessible only when user is signed as domain user in corp net
    • I use that sharepoint data (list) as backend for my app
    • The sharepoint list contains picture attachments
    • I want the app to be usable to view the data when the sharepoint is not accessible (when offline or when not connected to corp net)
    • The url of the images will point to the corpnet url
    • I am successful in caching the list, now I want to cache the images in the list

Can I use HTML5 application cache for this since the list of image urls will not be local ?

Thanks!

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:34 PM
  • Hi here's my scenario :

• I have sharepoint data accessible only when user is signed as domain user in corp net
    • I use that sharepoint data (list) as backend for my app
    • The sharepoint list contains picture attachments
    • I want the app to be usable to view the data when the sharepoint is not accessible (when offline or when not connected to corp net)
    • The url of the images will point to the corpnet url
    • I am successful in caching the list, now I want to cache the images in the list

Can I use HTML5 application cache for this since the list of image urls will not be local ?

Thanks!

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Sorry for the delay, the original thread could not be replied to due to a problem with the website.  I copied it here for you.

Yes, you can use the appcache.  There is a great demo of using HTML5 app cache here:
    http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/HTML5/KidsBook/Default.html

Realize that your site has to provide the application manifiest to indicate what is being cached however!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465686.aspx

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:18 PM