PlayTo with different frames

Question

• OK I have a windows store app that has PlayTo capability, but I use a frame on top of the main frame to navigate to other pages because I want my music player to keep playing no matter what page you're in.

By following the guidelines, I can implement the PlayTo feature properly, but once I navigate to another page, the Device Charm Play shows 'This app can't play to a device right now' for the rest of the app session even when I navigate back to the main page until I restart the app. Any ways to fix this issue?

If I am currently playing to another device, navigating to other pages will not interrupt the remote playback and I will retain the ability to access the device selector.
    • Edited by bounty_giver Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:15 AM Additional information
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:11 AM

Answers

• Can you please explain your layout more clearly. Which MediaElement are you setting as the PlayTo source? Are you ever navigating that element's frame?

PlayTo should keep working so long as the source MediaElement remains in scope.

--Rob

Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:41 AM
    Owner