none
TC4.4.1 and TC4.1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me what are debugging symbols? How do I know whether my web application supplies these symbols or not which is mentioned in TC4.4.1?

And about TC4.1.1, is it OK for me to submit customer testimonials in the CHINESE language?

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Debugging symbols are additional information compiled into a binary file by a compiler. They enable a developer using a debugger to gain additional information about the binary, such as the names of variables and routines from the original source code.

Please visit the following link to know more http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

However, i think the customer testimonials need to be in the English language only if you are sending it to the testing authority for verification purposes.

Hope this helps.

Dileep, Microsoft

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Debugging symbols are additional information compiled into a binary file by a compiler. They enable a developer using a debugger to gain additional information about the binary, such as the names of variables and routines from the original source code.

Please visit the following link to know more http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

However, i think the customer testimonials need to be in the English language only if you are sending it to the testing authority for verification purposes.

Hope this helps.

Dileep, Microsoft

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:30 PM
  • Hi Dileep,

My ASP.Net application has been under stress test on Windows Server 2003 using Mercury LoadRunner 8.0 for 12 hours, and the logs that were retrieved were in the Chinese language, because the application was used in production in China.
    I've tried to get the users of the application to get it translated, but it came back not very comprehensible. 

My question is: Will the logs be eligible to pass Test Case 4.1.1? Are there any possibilities to get Microsoft China to look into the logs and see whether it's good to submit for certification?

Thanks!

Friday, January 25, 2008 7:47 AM