How to assign DataSourceID to asp:Repeater in javascript using a web method RRS feed

• Question

• User-1061779338 posted

Hi,

I need to assign Datasourceid to a repeater control .. So far i am using the below code which works fine for me.. But due to some security reasons i need not to show the storedproc name in the aspx page. So is there any way to bind the data to repeater by removing the SelectCommand="EXEC GetDetailData_CustLinked @cust_xref_id" and using a webservice to assign the data..

<asp:Repeater ID="repCustProfileLinked" DataSourceID="SQLCustomerLinked" Visible="true" runat="server" EnableViewState="false">

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SQLCustomerLinked" ConnectionString='<%$ EnviromentConnectionString:ConnectionString %>'

ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" SelectCommand="EXEC GetDetailData_CustLinked @cust_xref_id" runat="server">

<SelectParameters>

<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="cust_xref_valuelinked" PropertyName="Text" Type="Int64" Name="cust_xref_id" />

</SelectParameters>

</asp:SqlDataSource>

Thanks,

bboys.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:12 PM

Answers

• User3866881 posted

Hi:)
    In my opinion, you shouldn't use any DataSource controls directly. But just use DataAdapter to bind to the Repeater manually, something looks like this below:

using (SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdpater("Your stored procdure's name"), new SqlConnection(……))

{

adapter.SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcdure;

DataTable dt = new DataTable();

adapter.Fill(dt);

Repeater1.DataSource = dt;

Repeater1.DataBind();

}

In this way, you cannot see the stored procdure's name anymore.

Thx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:44 PM

All replies

• User-1360095595 posted
    If thE stored procedure name causes a security vulnerability, maybe you need to rethink your security altogether. But anyway, to answer your question, you can set the selectcommand in the code behind instead.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:18 PM
  • User3866881 posted

Hi:)
    In my opinion, you shouldn't use any DataSource controls directly. But just use DataAdapter to bind to the Repeater manually, something looks like this below:

using (SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdpater("Your stored procdure's name"), new SqlConnection(……))

{

adapter.SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcdure;

DataTable dt = new DataTable();

adapter.Fill(dt);

Repeater1.DataSource = dt;

Repeater1.DataBind();

}

In this way, you cannot see the stored procdure's name anymore.

Thx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:44 PM
  • User-1061779338 posted

hI dECKER,

Thanks for the reply :) .. Its working..

Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:04 PM