SQL Server database auto restore on another server on network RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 sql server in my network. i want  to restore my database from One sql server to another sql server using automated system like maintenance plan or any thing which replicate my database in single directions. also i want to schedule it. Is this possible 

Akshay Pate

Server Administrator

• Edited by Akshay Pate Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:20 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:19 AM

Answers

• Have a look at this article:

Use the Copy Database Wizard

The most important motivation for the research work that resulted in the relational model was the objective of providing a sharp and clear boundary between the logical and physical aspects of database management. - E. F. Codd

My blog

• Marked as answer by Akshay Pate Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:25 AM
  • To replicate the data changes, you can configure SQL Server Replication. This will move the changes in the data to other server for thoses tables configured as articles.

More details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151198.aspx

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Akshay Pate Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:28 AM

All replies

• Have a look at this article:

Use the Copy Database Wizard

The most important motivation for the research work that resulted in the relational model was the objective of providing a sharp and clear boundary between the logical and physical aspects of database management. - E. F. Codd

My blog

• Marked as answer by Akshay Pate Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:25 AM
  • To replicate the data changes, you can configure SQL Server Replication. This will move the changes in the data to other server for thoses tables configured as articles.

More details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151198.aspx

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Marked as answer by Akshay Pate Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:31 AM
  • Thanks a lot for reply. u make my this task very easy.

just one more question if i configure copy it overwrite database or every time it will create new copy.???

Akshay Pate Server Administrator

• getting below error

Performing operation

- Add log for package (Success)

- Add task for transferring database objects (Success)

- Create package (Success)

- Start SQL Server Agent Job (Success)

- Execute SQL Server Agent Job (Error)
    * The job failed.  Check the log file for details: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\CDW_SYS13_SYS13_SYS06_1_2013-9-3_11-16-46.txt (Copy Database Wizard)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:52 AM
  • getting below error

- Execute SQL Server Agent Job (Error)
    * The job failed.  Check the log file for details: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\CDW_SYS13_SYS13_SYS06_1_2013-9-3_11-16-46.txt (Copy Database Wizard)

Can you provide the error message from the Error log plz?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:57 AM
  • there is not text file. or any log

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:59 AM
  • SQL Server Scheduled Job 'CDW_SYS13_SYS13_SYS06_2' (0x20B375450F748F46AD915A01352571E6) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2013-09-03 11:40:23 - Message: The job failed.  The Job was invoked by User sa.  The last step to run was step 1 (CDW_SYS13_SYS13_SYS06_2_Step).

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 6:12 AM