none
My application disappeared from the Store Top / search results

Question

• Hi,

My application called "Maps Pro" has been in the Windows Store for about 2 years, it was #2 in the Top Paid Apps just two days ago. Since then, I sent a minor update. Today is nowhere to be found in the store. If I search for "Maps" or "Maps Pro", it doesn't show up (Windows Store France). It can only be found via the web link:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/maps-pro/afe19081-5161-4399-8850-06c9a858a072

What should I do / check?

Thanks,

Fabien

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

My problem was only temporary, turns out that your application can disappear from the Store for 24-48h when you send an udpate, got a confirmation from MS Support.

Ben's issue is something else, what I would call a Store bug like. It should not be merged with this thread

Fabien

Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:19 AM

All replies

• I have an app which was in Top free, New and Rising and Best Rated, and has lots of downloads but after I updated my app (which the process took around 5 hours), now it is removed from all of these categories and also it appears almost towards the end even I search its exact name. Apparently, this problem was raised in December 2012 and was fixed (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/66c22c4c-e7bd-4341-94dd-dd59fcd46131/top-free-app?forum=windowsstore) but the issue has just happened to me three days ago.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:24 PM
  • Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:31 AM
  • I will continue to work with developer support but this is not the answer. So I unmarked the answer and hopefully when the answer was found, we can write it here.
    Friday, June 13, 2014 10:57 PM
  • Apps are being missed from the results when an order or filter is applied after a keyword(s) search of the Store App.

For example, searching 'Health' and then apply either a category filter or an order by criteria. Here only the original results returned are filtered or ordered. This unfortunately means the results for the criteria displayed do not match nor represent the apps in the Store.

An better experience certainly could be achieved if the Store App re-queried the Store or allowed the user refresh their results.

Friday, June 20, 2014 1:00 PM
  • I am seeing problems with the analytics data and have an open support issue for a number of weeks, unresolved.  The issue could be here.

The current implementation of the Windows Store App appears to sort the results locally, based on my testing, so it is missing out applications. Not great for users, or developers for that matter.

It would be good to have confidence these issues are being resolved expediently.

• Edited by Ben - GGT Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:34 AM
  • Thanks for the answer. What do you mean "locally" ? By country/language?

I am wondering if I should send another update of my app so that it triggers the Store somehow

Having an answer from MS would be great

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:43 AM
  • If say 'Health' is entered as a keyword. The results are matched on some unspecified criteria of relevance, which is capped at 1,000. I'm sure there are not exactly 1,000 the chances of this would be very slim.

Then if you go to the third criteria box, which is a number of Sort criteria, newest, highest rated, lowest price, highest price and select one of these.  The results fetched based on the original criteria appear to be sorted (locally), not the full Store. This would mean apps are being missed out.

See the post titled: The Windows Store App - not returning apps based on criteria

There could be a number of reasons but this is something I have seen.

Here is another example.

Search 'News', then apply a price criteria. This is what you get. Pretty sure this is not an accurate reflection of the Store apps. It not so clear from the shot but only one in the orange box has a price, the rest are free. This is wrong.

• Edited by Ben - GGT Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:15 PM
  • I see what you mean but that's not the issue i am facing, I just can't find it, even if I search for the exact name. It also disappeared from the "Tops"
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Yes, as I say there could be a number of reasons. I just tried 'Maps'. The Windows Store App just has the a Progress ring turning and nothing returned. A different issue. It times out with an error finally.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:31 PM
  • An example :

1. Enter the keyword 'Education'.

2. Change the sort criteria from 'Sort by relevance' to any of the other options.

3. The sort criteria is not applied and the results remain the same, regardless.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:10 PM
  • Update, another example of a keyword where the sort criteria is not applied and the results remain the same, regardless.

1. Enter the keyword 'Games'.

2. Change the sort criteria from 'Sort by relevance' to any of the other options.

3. The sort criteria is not applied and the results remain the same, regardless.

Nb.  i) This is not machine specific and has been tested on different machines.

ii) This is not account specific and has been tested using different accounts.

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:28 PM
  • There are specific keywords where this occurs and others that do not. For example using 'Health' this behaviour does not exhibit now, but did. The problem for the keyword 'health' was raised in a previous post, when attempting solve a problem for another user who could not locate their app, earlier this week.
    Friday, June 27, 2014 8:35 PM
  • Can the moderator not merged the threads, as the thread titled started "Windows Store App - not returning right results based on the criteria", stands on it's own as separate issue.

As we have discussed : "My application disappeared from the Store Top / search results", could be for many other reasons. The last 3 posts that relate the "Windows Store App - not returning right results based on the criteria", is an important problem in its own right.

Reference this thread in the original thread if necessary, as it is relevant, but there is no evidence that the cause of the problem does relate to "Windows Store App - not returning right results based on the criteria".

• Edited by Ben - GGT Friday, June 27, 2014 10:27 PM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 9:56 PM
  • Hi all,

My problem was only temporary, turns out that your application can disappear from the Store for 24-48h when you send an udpate, got a confirmation from MS Support.

Ben's issue is something else, what I would call a Store bug like. It should not be merged with this thread

Fabien

Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:19 AM
  • This issue was raised as new thread, but then merged into a different thread, which was not issue of that thread.

The title and link of the thread, into which the details were merged, are:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/a2dad44c-4631-4641-8125-d888398fc7fc/my-application-disappeared-from-the-store-top-search-results?forum=windowsstore

"My application disappeared from the Store Top / search results"

See for details and the examples.
    Monday, June 30, 2014 4:14 PM
  • Eric why merge these threads when all agree they are not related? - The subject of one is resolved and the other is not too.

Monday, June 30, 2014 10:24 PM