Windows Mobile .MSI remove .Net 3.5 requirement on installing computer RRS feed

• Question

• When I run the MSI installer I built for my Windows Mobile application, it requires .Net 3.5 on the computer (not the device) being used to install to the device.  Is there a way to build the MSI so that it won't require .Net 3.5 on the installing computer?  I'd like to make this as simple as possible for users and not require any extra steps.

Platform:  VS 2008, C# targetting Windows Mobile Professsional 6 and up.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Quincy,

You should be able to remove the .NET Framework 3.5 requirement in Visual Studio 2008. Please do as follows:

1. Select your setup project in the Solution Explorer, and then click on the "Launch Conditions Editor" button at the top of Solution Explorer.
    2. In the Launch Conditions Editor, delete ".NET Framework" from the Launch Conditions folder.
    3. Rebuild the setup project then the msi won't ask for .NET Framework 3.5.

Regards,
    Chunsheng Tang
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:58 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Quincy,

This may not be possible with you are developing the installer from VS2008.

Try to check with this third party tool to prepare the installer. May be possible with out .netframework on desktop machine

http://www.mobilepackager.com/

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:19 AM
  • Hi Quincy,

You should be able to remove the .NET Framework 3.5 requirement in Visual Studio 2008. Please do as follows:

1. Select your setup project in the Solution Explorer, and then click on the "Launch Conditions Editor" button at the top of Solution Explorer.
    2. In the Launch Conditions Editor, delete ".NET Framework" from the Launch Conditions folder.
    3. Rebuild the setup project then the msi won't ask for .NET Framework 3.5.

Regards,
    Chunsheng Tang
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:58 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:40 AM