none
error MSB8020: The build tools for WindowsApplicationForDrivers8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• i have problem whit my Windows driver kit 8.1

i reinstall my windows 8.1 to solve this problem and although update windows driver kit 8.1 but i can't solve this problem .

actually in my visual studio 2013 in PlatformToolset , Windows driver kit 8.1 (not installed).

this is the full of error.

Error 1 error MSB8020: The build tools for WindowsKernelModeDriver8.1 (Platform Toolset = 'WindowsKernelModeDriver8.1') cannot be found. To build using the WindowsKernelModeDriver8.1 build tools, please install WindowsKernelModeDriver8.1 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Upgrade Solution...".
    • Moved by Shu 2017 Monday, July 6, 2015 8:22 AM from VC++ forum
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

For Windows Driver Kit and Driver Development issue, it would better ask to the Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum. I will move this. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Shu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:22 AM
  • Thank you for helping me dear Shu.
    Monday, July 6, 2015 8:30 AM
  • which SKU of VS 2013 are you using?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 6, 2015 4:46 PM
  • first i want to say , i'm the second semester  and i don't have experience about WDK and SKU , but i pick project about USB and i want to do it.

in fact now i don't know what is SKU ? i will grateful if you help me about this topic.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:57 PM
  • what version of VS did you install ? pro, express, ultimate?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:14 PM
  • i install VS 2013 ultimate.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:47 AM
  • OK. now install WDK for Win8.1.

Read this for details.

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by MohammadAliKH Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:42 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:35 PM
  • My problem has been solved,I wanna very very thanks for helping me.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 4:59 PM
  • if it is still not working, go to add remove programs, find the WDK and select Repair. Do this after VS is installed

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:00 PM