Installing Visual Studio 2008 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I currently working on Visual Studio 2008 professional. And now i want to work on silverlight & other tools and hence want it to update it with Visual Studio SP1. The installation requires a huge space.
    I am having 2GB free space on the machine (SP1 says it reuire more than 2.5 GB space).
    Is there any way i can do that? I mean ANYWAY to install SP1 features.

I have downloaded the SP1 iso from MS download site.

I have searched the web, some articles/blogs say SP1 caches the installation, and thus need space to backup that. But i am ready to forgo that feature (caching of files).
    How to do that, Please enlighten me in this.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:46 PM

Answers

• I finally successfully installed by installing individual SP files available in the SP directory. Also remember to install .net framewrok 3.5 SP1, else VS 2008 will complain somtimes.

Thanks MS for proving nice environment to work in.

• Marked as answer by pAshish Sunday, March 8, 2009 3:25 PM
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi pAshish

As I see the comment of your delete reason: Solved myself, bu installing indv. SP files. Thanks
    It might be helpful to others, please just reply and mark instead of deleting next time.

Thanks for your contribution!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by pAshish Sunday, March 8, 2009 3:26 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:52 AM
  • I finally successfully installed by installing individual SP files available in the SP directory. Also remember to install .net framewrok 3.5 SP1, else VS 2008 will complain somtimes.

Thanks MS for proving nice environment to work in.

• Marked as answer by pAshish Sunday, March 8, 2009 3:25 PM
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 3:25 PM