The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Not enough reserved instances to satisfy this request. When changing instance size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I really need to change the instance size and I'm getting this really unhelpful error.

Not enough available reserved instance servers to satisfy this request. Currently 0 instances are available. If you are changing instance size you can reserve up to 0 instances at this moment. If you are increasing instance count then you can add extra 0 instances at this moment.

This is the FTP host, hopefully that will do

ftp://waws-prod-db3-001.ftp.azurewebsites.windows.net

Can you let me know what I need to do to get rid of it and to make sure that it doesn't come back.

PS: For a PaaS you can't have an error like this when I should have many instances reserved in my standard service. How can you guarantee that my website can scale automatically if I can't scale it manually? I'm losing confidence in Azure, much as I don't want to.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We have successfully moved your web apps to a new scale unit in the same region, please update the publishing profiles for your web apps in the North Europe region.

Also you are good to go scaling your apps as you wish

Regards,
    Ahmed

• Proposed as answer by David Ebbo Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Azam Khan - MSFT Monday, June 1, 2015 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

what instance size are you using and how many you're trying to scale?

This usually happens when there isn't sufficient capacity to scale. For example, if you are trying to scale to a large Standard VM and there are no available large VMs in your particular data center, you cannot scale.

I have checked that DB3-001 shows that we're hitting the max number of large instances a lot.

I would request you to try again in a few hours, should be able to get enough.

Regards,
    Azam khan

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:47 PM
  • Can you share your site name, either directly or indirectly? This will help us investigate. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:02 PM
  • This still isn't working (and I've been trying for most of the day)

I'm trying to go from small to medium on a standard plan.

The site is realtimeknowledge. Not sure if that's the name though. Let me know if not and exactly what you're looking for.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

Currently you are hosted on a scale unit that is facing some capacity pressure, if it is ok with you, we can move you to another scale unit that would have enough capacity for your needs.

Once I get confirmation from you about the move, we will attempt to move your website(s) in that scale unit to another one, if successful you will have to update your publishing profile to point to the new scale unit.

Regards,
    Ahmed

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:01 PM
  • I don't have much choice. Please do this and let me know.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Hi,

We have successfully moved your web apps to a new scale unit in the same region, please update the publishing profiles for your web apps in the North Europe region.

Also you are good to go scaling your apps as you wish

Regards,
    Ahmed

• Proposed as answer by David Ebbo Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Azam Khan - MSFT Monday, June 1, 2015 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:40 PM
  • Thanks, I've managed to upgrade it now.

Can you let me know what happens when the web app tries to autoscale and there were problems like I was having yesterday?

Also, why did you need to move the instance? Surely it should be able to do that automatically?

Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:39 PM