ASP.NET on Windows Mobile 6.5 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1041006043 posted
    I have started developing an ASP.NET website to run from a Motorola handheld scanning device running Windows Mobile 6.5.  It seems as if some form objects aren't rendering completely when the form loads.  Zooming in makes all of the objects visible.  All of the code works exactly as expected, and all of the functionality is in tact...except that the objects don't all load correctly the first time.  This is a big enough issue for me to pause development and get some feedback.  This obviously cannot be a viable solution if objects aren't rendering upon Form_Load.  Any suggestions/advice/knowledge is appreciated.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:46 PM

All replies

• User1943143334 posted

Hi,

Try adding the following code in the <head> section of your web page.

<meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0" />

Hope it helps u...

Friday, June 10, 2011 11:00 PM
  • User-1041006043 posted

Thank you Roopesh, I have been away for a while and am just getting to this now.  I have tried many different meta tags to address this issue but none have worked.  These 2 specifically (or any combonation of them) render the page too large, only the top left corner of the page initially displays until zooming.  I should mention that I have 3 different Motorola scanner devices each with a different Windows OS, and the ASP.net site displays drastically different in all 3 versions.  Mobile 6.5 is the only one even close to displaying it right; CE 6.0 and Mobile 5.0 render so distorted I am only focusing on 6.5 for my solution.

Friday, June 24, 2011 6:42 PM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

For Versions earlier than Windows Phone 7.0, Viewport settings won't work. You need to adjust it with the CSS.

The above mentioned META tags works fine in Apple Safari,Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone 7

Hope it helps u...

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:07 PM