none
VS 2015 stopped compiling

Question

• hey fellows, 

excuse my english, its not my native language. 

So I started my collage in programming in c and we started with Vs 2015 as enviornment for that. 
    So last week everything worked like it should, I could compile everything as I wanted. 
    But as I wanted to start working at my exercise for next week I couldnt compile anything.
    I uninstalled everything 3 times and reinstalled it. Switchted from community to enterprise since we got both licenses from our school.
    I can make an code as simple as I want. VS says "build successfull" but I cant click anyhting and the console dont open and I have to close vs over task manager.
    I would appreciate any help for my problem. I know you will need more informations. just let me know what you need to know. 

Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Dummi_chan,

Which language and type of project created, Console application or WinForm application? Could you please provide some code snippet or a sample project to OneDrive and share the link here. Then describe the detailed steps you do to help us reproduce your problem in my side?

>>VS says "build successfull" but I cant click anyhting and the console dont open and I have to close vs over task manager

Do you run your project with F5 or Ctrl + F5? Please check whether there has any information in Output window.

Please debug your project on other computers to make sure this problem is related to Visual Studio or just for this specific project.

If it has the same problem, it is related to your project, please share the information I required at first.

If it works fine in other computers, this problem is related to Visual Studio on your computer. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as Administrator.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software, such as antivirus software when running Visual Studio.
    4. Reset all settings through menu Tools -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 16, 2015 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Dummi_chan,

Which language and type of project created, Console application or WinForm application? Could you please provide some code snippet or a sample project to OneDrive and share the link here. Then describe the detailed steps you do to help us reproduce your problem in my side?

>>VS says "build successfull" but I cant click anyhting and the console dont open and I have to close vs over task manager

Do you run your project with F5 or Ctrl + F5? Please check whether there has any information in Output window.

Please debug your project on other computers to make sure this problem is related to Visual Studio or just for this specific project.

If it has the same problem, it is related to your project, please share the information I required at first.

If it works fine in other computers, this problem is related to Visual Studio on your computer. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as Administrator.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software, such as antivirus software when running Visual Studio.
    4. Reset all settings through menu Tools -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 16, 2015 7:22 AM
  • I guess setting back my settings made it.
    Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:18 PM