none
store app and portable WCF Data Services (5.6.0.0) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Store Class Library and a Store App in the same solution.

I added the latest WCF Data Services Client to both:

Install-Package Microsoft.Data.Services.Client -Pre

The Classlibrary build fine, howoever the store app produces an error when build:

Error 2 MSB3815: Satellite assembly "C:\Users\Ben\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Spotted\packages\Microsoft.Data.Edm.5.6.0-alpha1\lib\portable-net40+sl5+wp8+win8\zh-Hans\Microsoft.Data.Edm.Portable.resources.dll" was built improperly. The manifest resource "Microsoft.Data.Edm.zh-HANS.resources" will not be found by the ResourceManager.  It must end in ".zh-Hans.resources". MyProject

and 5 more of these (same kind of error).

Looking in refelection, the resoures are indeed ending in uppercase HANS.

I cannot get it too work, lost many hours just trying to resolve these issues.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Ben

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hey Ben,

We know about this problem and already have it fixed for the upcoming release. Try compiling again, it shouldn't block it on the send try.

Thanks,

Chris Robinson - WCF Data Services Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hey Ben,

We know about this problem and already have it fixed for the upcoming release. Try compiling again, it shouldn't block it on the send try.

Thanks,

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:35 PM
  • Thanks,

actually I found out that it does block all the time if I do a rebuild, doing a build however it works fine...

Thanks

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:37 PM
  • Great, I knew there was a workaround, Rebuild was it, we will be releasing an updated alpha that will have the fix in.

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:06 PM
  • Apparently, initiating one of the tools in the Performance & Diagnostics hub kicks off a Rebuild, so those tools aren't working. Got any thoughts, Chris?

Jeff Fattic

Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:54 PM
  • Nevermind. I wasn't thinking. I just changed the target to run against the installed app and the tools worked fine. I love WCF Data Services and I still look forward to the updated bits though. :)

Jeff Fattic

Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:20 PM