none
develop xna game with kinect RRS feed

• Question

• I'm student who make project about kinect game on XNA ,but I have more question about kinect sdk that: 

- How can I use kinect sdk with xna ?

- I saw the example project which use xna and WPF form together ,but I don't know why? 

- if I made xna project with kinect sdk  , I will use WPF together or not?

please help me

thank you very much.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:47 AM

Answers

• So I think it depends on what you're trying to do with the Kinect SDK. Are you trying to use it for Skeletal Data in a 3D Game? Or are you looking to do something like ShapesGame sample?

Right now the limitations with Skeletal Data in 3D are a bit right now. You can go ahead and use it to render the joints of a skeleton (like I do here), but there isn't any useful data for transforming bones yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to calculate the Orientation data of these joints, and I think I'm close.

I hope I helped out here.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:16 AM

All replies

• So I think it depends on what you're trying to do with the Kinect SDK. Are you trying to use it for Skeletal Data in a 3D Game? Or are you looking to do something like ShapesGame sample?

Right now the limitations with Skeletal Data in 3D are a bit right now. You can go ahead and use it to render the joints of a skeleton (like I do here), but there isn't any useful data for transforming bones yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to calculate the Orientation data of these joints, and I think I'm close.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:16 AM

thank you very much sir. I think, that is very useful example for me. 

My objective is making 2D drum music game using kinect.

First, I want to syn kinect sdk with my xna game.

Next, I want to use right hand for handle game menu like mouse.

Finally ,I want use joint skeleton for playing game like keyboard.   

therefore, I will attempt to learn your example that you suppose for me ^ ^

• Edited by Zing1911 Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:11 PM explain about my project
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:54 PM