Free Telerik Control For ASP.NET Web Form RRS feed

• Question

• User-698989805 posted
    Hello friends! I had been looking for Telerik controls for ASP.NET MVC and finally got Kendo UI grid that works fine and looks good except some issues that requires some extra effort to discover. Now I heard some of the controls of Telerik are free and others may require license to get it done.

1) So will there be any cons using the Kendo UI grid that I've already used in the project.

One more thing - I didn't use any of the Telerik controls earlier in ASP.NET Web Form. Frankly speaking, I did use designs from scratch using Bootstrap or jQuery tools like DataTable, jqGrid etc. As I am exploring the Teletik, I would expect some useful tutorials or articles for ASP.NET Web Form from the experts. I didn't get that much on google for Web Form using Telerik.

2) Most importantly, to me it felt like Telerik requires some or very extra efforts to go on and in some cases, developing from scratch would save the time for the development purpose. So is it actually worth to get going with Telerik controls? I would expect some valuable advice from the experts just for clarification. Thanks.
    Saturday, November 19, 2016 7:03 PM

Answers

• User2117486576 posted

I use telerik, especially Kendo UI, all the time and I have no doubt doing so boosts my productivity.

As far as I know, the Kendo Grid is not included in the community edition and would require a paid license.  You should check the Kendo UI web site or ask Telerik.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, November 20, 2016 2:42 PM