none
Entire Design View Background is Grey when using DWT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using EW 4.0.1303.0 SP2.

I'm experiencing a cluster of symptoms which are rather annoying:

• The entire background of my design view is grey when using DWTs.  My understanding is that only the non-editable regions should be grey ... the editable regions should show whatever background color is defined in the html.
    • Even so, I can still work with the editable regions normally.  It seems to be only a display issue.
    • I can eliminate this issue by de-selecting "Visible Borders" under Visual Aids.  But the problem is, I find Visible Borders to be a very helpful visual aid, and I like to keep it selected.
    • Another, possibly related problem is that the editable regions don't display a nice border around them like the pictures in the documentation show.  They're there, just no border.  And the little tab that displays the name of the edit region is at the very top of the design window, rather than at the top of the particular edit region. 

As I mentioned, everything is still functional, and I've been putting up with it for quite awhile, but I finally got frustrated enough to take the time to try to find a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:21 PM

Answers

• First of all, what version are you using? (Oops, sorry, I see that you provided it. ;-) The latest is EW4 SP2a, the 100% free version released by MS. IIRC, that problem viewing editable regions was one of the few changes in the "a" revision to the program. Grab it at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179 and see if that resolves your issue.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:13 AM ....
    • Marked as answer by RussDirks Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:41 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:11 AM

All replies

• First of all, what version are you using? (Oops, sorry, I see that you provided it. ;-) The latest is EW4 SP2a, the 100% free version released by MS. IIRC, that problem viewing editable regions was one of the few changes in the "a" revision to the program. Grab it at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179 and see if that resolves your issue.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:13 AM ....
    • Marked as answer by RussDirks Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:41 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:11 AM
  • Yes, that fixed it!  Thank-you very much!

Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:42 AM