Possible to get download link by shared read link? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using live5.1 api to get "shared read link"(for view) and "source link"(for download). And i can send them to my friend. But both 2 links are long enough, so i am wandering if i can get "source link" by "shared read link", since there i can find file id in "shared read link". And it does make sense if i share a link with my friend, i also allow he to download the resource.

Question is, when my friend use his access token and the file id parsed from my shared link to get "source" property through live api, he got "resource doesn't exist" error.

Can anyone help me to get it work? Thanks in advance

Ballian

Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Ballian, the "source" property link is probably expired by the time your friend tries to download the resource.  You should use the "shared read link" instead.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Ballian, the "source" property link is probably expired by the time your friend tries to download the resource.  You should use the "shared read link" instead.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:30 PM
  • Thanks JOshiro,

Can I ask what's the expire time for "source"?

And for convenience, if i still want to provide "source" for my friend even it would be expired in short time, is it possible to get "source" from "shared read link"?

Thanks,

Ballian

Friday, August 3, 2012 1:23 AM