Access to path... .ispac file is denied. RRS feed

• Question

• I created several SSIS packages that were working fine until yesterday, then when I try to execute the packages or any of the tasks manually I got a message that the build failed and would I like to run the last successful build? When I answered yes I got the message:

Access to path 'MyPath\MyProject\Integration Services Project1\bin\Development\MyProject.ispac' is denied.

Working with the server administrator where the project is stored, we gave me all rights to that file and examined the properties of all the folders above. For some reason if we look at the folder properties, the Read-Only box is checked. If we uncheck it and apply to folder contents it doesn't complain, but if you look at properties of the folder again it shows Read-Only checked again!!

The SQL Server Agent I configured to run the job is able to run the job that executes the two packages (Step 1 and 2) with my credentials.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Jnana

Jnana Sivananda

Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:37 PM

Answers

• You need to start the SSDT as Admin (right-click - Run as Administrator)

Arthur My Blog

• Edited by ArthurZ Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jnana Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:01 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:36 PM

All replies

• It is a bad idea to run the Agent job using your credentials if the password expires

The SSIS step needs also its own proxy.

See how here

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2163/running-a-ssis-package-from-sql-server-agent-using-a-proxy-account/

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:34 PM
  • We're still in development and had already requested a login whose password will persist for when we move it to production.

The job steps are already set up with the proxy, so that's not the issue.

Besides, the Agent job runs fine when scheduled and when manually kicked off.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Jnana

Jnana Sivananda

Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:08 PM
  • You need to start the SSDT as Admin (right-click - Run as Administrator)

Arthur My Blog

• Edited by ArthurZ Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jnana Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:01 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:36 PM
  • That seems to have worked. But I tried Run as Admin with Visual Studio 2010 this morning and it still gave the error. And it hasn't been an issue until yesterday; and I've been running and testing it for a month with VS NOT as admin?  Is there a difference between SSDT and VS2010?

Any clues as to why it would stop working all of a sudden with VS?

Thanks,

Jnana

Jnana Sivananda

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:08 PM
  • Perhaps yesterday's security patching is the cause.

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:14 PM