none
Azure Machine Learning Studio - Import Data from Azure SQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to import into AML data from an Azure SQL Database. However, I'm getting an error such as: 

"Error making database connection: Cannot open server 'xxxx' requested by the login. Client with IP address 'xx.xx.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to access the server. To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range."

I understand that a firewall rule needs to be created for AML to reach the database but it seems like the IP address from AML is changing constantly so how can I set up a rule for this? I know that, optionally, I can, on the server, set to 'ON' the option of allowing azure services and resources to access the server but don't really want to do that.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Pedro

Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro

You can add a range of IP Addresses - which, you know, will cover even when IP addresses change.

Best regards, Chiranjib

Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:54 PM
  • Hi Chiranjib,

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of that option but when I tested this a few different times, the range had a significant variation so it wouldn't be easy to define a range of ip addresses.

Is there anyone that does something similar? How do you approach this?

Cheers

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Hi Pedro

Unfortunately, it does not look like you have two many options.

Below is from the official MSFT documentation:

Dynamic IP address:

If you have an internet connection that uses dynamic IP addressing and you have trouble getting through the firewall, try one of the following solutions:

• Ask your internet service provider for the IP address range that's assigned to your client computers that access the SQL Database server. Add that IP address range as an IP firewall rule.
    • Get static IP addressing instead for your client computers. Add the IP addresses as IP firewall rules.

Best regards, Chiranjib

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:22 PM