FAQ: How to resolve the error: App not allowed when adding Google to Cloudyn RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We've been trying to connect Azure Cost Management to Google Cloud but unfortunately when we follow the procedure, the google authentication does not go through and indicates the following message:

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
    This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

There is no button on the page and no way to actually allow the login nevertheless.

The procedure we follow is the following but in the part where it indicates that we have to allow the app to access the account it does not work as there is no such button any longer. Any idea?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management/connect-google-account

Thank you for your help.

Friday, September 7, 2018 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hello Telindus,

Overview: I received confirmation from the Cloudyn product team that Google has modified their account security, which is preventing new connections from being established between Cloudyn and Google. Cloudyn will continue to collect Google data for customers who already have Cloudyn connected to Google, but no new Google accounts can be added to Cloudyn at this time. We don't have an ETA about when support for adding new Google accounts to Cloudyn will be resumed.

- Micah

Friday, October 5, 2018 5:11 PM
  • Hello,

GCP remains unsupported in Cloudyn at this time, with no ETA. You can vote this up in our product feedback page to help raise awareness with the Product Team.

Sincerely, Ben

Friday, February 1, 2019 7:22 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello Telindus,

Thanks for setting up Cloudyn and letting us know about this issue.
    I'm working to confirm if the connection between Cloudyn and Google is down.
    I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for your patience!

- Micah Adamson

Friday, September 7, 2018 5:51 PM
  • Any idea how long this might take?

I have the same issue and I opened a case at GCP and their answer was:

"As I can see the account is in good standing. since there is an issue on the application you are using you need to contact them directly about this concern, As the message implies there is no problem on your google account but on the app that you want to link it."

Thanks.

Monday, September 10, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hello Telindus and Silviu,

Sorry I don't have an update on this issue with the connection between Cloudyn and Google yet. If you want to track this issue through a Cloudyn service request instead you can open an SR from:

• Azure Portal > Help + Support > New Support Request > Service: All Services > Monitoring & Management > Cloudyn

- Micah Adamson

Monday, September 10, 2018 9:27 PM
  • Hello Telindus,

Overview: I received confirmation from the Cloudyn product team that Google has modified their account security, which is preventing new connections from being established between Cloudyn and Google. Cloudyn will continue to collect Google data for customers who already have Cloudyn connected to Google, but no new Google accounts can be added to Cloudyn at this time. We don't have an ETA about when support for adding new Google accounts to Cloudyn will be resumed.

- Micah

Friday, October 5, 2018 5:11 PM
  • Any update on this? We are interested in using Cloudyn to support Azure, AWS, and GCP cost management however without the GCP functionality, we will have to find a new solution. 

Friday, February 1, 2019 5:04 PM
  • Hello,

GCP remains unsupported in Cloudyn at this time, with no ETA. You can vote this up in our product feedback page to help raise awareness with the Product Team.

Sincerely, Ben

Friday, February 1, 2019 7:22 PM
    Owner