none
Access error (Office 2013 Prof) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, please help me, what can be the problem and what shall i do?. I have Microsoft Office 2013 Professional, I tried to start (many times) a new database in Access but every time the following title occurs and it does nothing.

'Client-side error occurred on the server http://dialogue.

Contact your system administrator or technical support for assistance.'

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi SzecskoTrans,

I try to search regarding this error but unfortunately there is no description available for this error.

can you show me the picture of error. it will help us to understand the issue.

from the description of the thread I can see that you had install the Access on the server.

so it is possible that error is related with server and not related with Access.

it is possible that some settings of server not allows you to create new database file.

try to check about the settings on server.

also try to create any other file there for testing purpose to check whether you can able to create it or not.

if you have IT Department then try to ask them whether they can change some settings for you.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

You have to look for the file MSACCESS.exe, then, choose open as administrator, sometimes it still opens the last open database, however, I found that if I press the escape key during just before the program opens, then, you'll be able to create a new database.

Claude

Claude Larocque

• Proposed as answer by Claude Larocque Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:20 AM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Dear Claude and Deepak, 

Thanks for your reply, I tried to open the program as you said, but unfortunately I have the same message. Also I tried to create new databases, and I can create those which do not have "globe picture".

Zoltan SzecskoTrans

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:22 AM
  • Hi SzecskoTrans,

are you trying to create any Web app or SharePoint related Database? like below?

and do you get error below?

if yes then you need to pass valid URL to create this app.

you need to specify URL at place below.

make sure that you have Office 365 SharePoint subscription to create this app.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:39 AM
  • Hello,

thanks for everything. I tried that way you said, but something is still not OK... Thanks for everything again.

Best Regards

Zoltan SzecskoTrans

Monday, May 8, 2017 8:21 PM
  • Do not invest any time in Web Databases as MS is eliminating them!  See: https://www.devhut.net/2017/03/27/steer-clear-of-access-web-applications-awa/

Perhaps if you explain your project needs we can try and guide you to the appropriate solution, but Access Web Apps (AWAs) are officially to be avoided at all cost.

Also, you state: "but something is still not OK" but you don't say what is not OK, you'd need to explain things in detail as we cannot see your screen and have no clue what is happening, what messages you get...  Please elaborate what is not OK.

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2016 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Monday, May 8, 2017 8:47 PM
  • Hi SzecskoTrans,

First of all I want to know that do you have Office365 subscription?

if yes, then can able to open your SharePoint or Office 365 account? looks like below?

if you can able to open this then you need to open share point and select the location and pass that path when you create new file in Access.

you can also try to store it on onedrive. you can take the URL from Address bar.

let me know what are the results. from your descriptions I am not able to understand it clearly.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:25 AM