Can't import data from Excel RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to import data into a database from Excel with the Import and Export Wizard I get the following error message when I select Excel as the data source:

TITLE: SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
    ------------------------------

An error occurred which the SQL Server Integration Services Wizard was not prepared to handle.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (mscorlib)

The connection type "EXCEL" specified for connection manager "{B6C6C99C-5615-4269-BBA4-2708D549945B}" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
     ({EEF432D8-77EB-49BE-B5D1-E971D04DD43D})

The connection type "EXCEL" specified for connection manager "{B6C6C99C-5615-4269-BBA4-2708D549945B}" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
     ({EEF432D8-77EB-49BE-B5D1-E971D04DD43D})

BUTTONS:

OK

This is really causing me some serious grief and I hope someone can help me with this because I have tried everything I could think of (that basically consisted of reinstalling) and this problem is keeping me from even starting a project that is due on friday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:05 AM

Answers