none
AM335x + USB Camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are trying to bring up USB Camera on AM335x Processor.

If anyone has got it working on this processor running with WinCE 7 please let me know.

I had posted this question in TI's Website, but there was no reply so thought of checking here once.

The issue that we are seeing as of now is when USBCamera is connected to USB OTG port the USB Camera Client driver is loading but when we run the Camera Application which is downloaded from the Codeplex website the system hangs. As soon as the camera is unplugged from USB Hub the system is responsive.

It looks TI's ARM A8 BSP doesn't support the ISO Endpoints in non-DMA mode.

So would like to hear from the experts whether if any one has got USB Camera working on WinCE7 + AM335x processor or not.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

GSR

Monday, September 8, 2014 6:20 AM

All replies

• Which BSP are you using ? 

The support from TI is very poor on S/W 

I have worked on AM335x but not on USB cam. What i can suggest you is to try another USB driver may be 

DM3730 BSP or omap 3530 bsp which are similar and make necessary changes in the register configuration

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:32 AM
  • Thank You for reply and your time.

I looked at the OMAP3530 BSP which comes along with Windows CE 7 and noticed that there is no support for Isochronous Endpoints.

Regards,

GSR

Monday, September 15, 2014 4:53 AM