none
Cameras Won't Function RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the SDK, plugged in my kinect, and the audio demo worked smoothly but the shapes demo and skeleton viewer will not work.   They say the the kinect is connected to the PC, but does not have AC power.  I have tried connecting to a xbox with the same usb/power cord and it worked perfectly.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!

-Brendan

PS.  Using windows 7; I checked my connection in devices and printers and it shows the following: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:45 PM

All replies

• do you have the cable AND power adapter? is the Kinect power adapter plugged in?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:29 PM
  • Hi Brendan,

To detect all Kinect elements, device need some high power supply.So, along with USB pluged in, you need to provide external poower supply. So you have to make sure your power adapter is pluged in and it's turned on.

To test it out, You can check it out from Control Panel > Device Manager for the installed device driver. If only USB is pluged in, you can see only "Microsoft Kinect device"  Without External Power

With external powersupply, you can find all the Camera, sensors defected properly With External Power

Check this Post for your reference

Abhijit
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:06 AM