Windows 8 developer Metro style apps Problem

Question

• I have   problem my start page in windows 8 ( Metro style apps ) not working properly it is working only explore and control panel only not working internet explore and other links how fix this problem

thanks

• Moved by Yi-Lun Luo Monday, October 24, 2011 3:48 AM off topic (From:Windows Azure Platform Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & Logging)
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hello Chanaka1200,

Verify that your screen resolution is at least 1024x768.
    Next, if you have disabled User Account Control, Metro apps will not funtion or open.

If you have verified the above information, I would suggest doing the Refresh as Eric has suggested.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:05 PM
  • Chanaka1200,

My suggestion is to do Refresh your PC.  Refresh your PC will reinstall Windows but keep your personal data. Any 3rd party software will need to be reinstalled.

1. In Metro style start screen, click on Control Panel.
    2. Click on General.
    3. Scroll down and click on Get Started below Refresh your PC without affecting your files.
    4. Follow on screen guide.

You might need the media that you used to install Windows Developer Preview with.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:46 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Chanaka1200,

My suggestion is to do Refresh your PC.  Refresh your PC will reinstall Windows but keep your personal data. Any 3rd party software will need to be reinstalled.

1. In Metro style start screen, click on Control Panel.
    2. Click on General.
    3. Scroll down and click on Get Started below Refresh your PC without affecting your files.
    4. Follow on screen guide.

You might need the media that you used to install Windows Developer Preview with.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello Chanaka1200,

Verify that your screen resolution is at least 1024x768.
    Next, if you have disabled User Account Control, Metro apps will not funtion or open.

If you have verified the above information, I would suggest doing the Refresh as Eric has suggested.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:05 PM