none
WHCK Driver Memory Test Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We used WinUsb.sys driver as our device driver, but we can't pass "Driver Memory Test" on Win8 x64

We get "WDTF_TEST : Cannot get the pool usage of Windows Kernel", during Microsoft.WindowsLogoKits.DevFund.MemoryTest.DriverFootprint. 

Error code: 0.

Other memory tests, "Microsoft.WindowsLogoKits.DevFund.MemoryTest.NXPool", "Microsoft.WindowsLogoKits.DevFund.MemoryTest.MDLTest" we have passed.

What's wrong?

• Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:26 PM WLK/WHCK related (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, August 17, 2012 7:44 AM

Answers

• As mentioned by Phil, please  install latest QFE on the controller machine. Since its clearly mentioned filter 227, installing QFE [ updatefilters] will filter the failure.

Re-installing DTM and clients wil have no effect.

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:technical.team@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:26 PM

All replies

• Please make sure that you have the latest QFE installed.

Phil Ineichen - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Doron Holan [MSFT] Friday, August 17, 2012 10:23 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by An-52 Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:28 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 7:07 PM
  • I test on WHCK 8.59.29688. I reinstall all. DTM and clients. But I still get this error. Now it refer to 227 filter, but test still failed.
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:28 AM
  • As mentioned by Phil, please  install latest QFE on the controller machine. Since its clearly mentioned filter 227, installing QFE [ updatefilters] will filter the failure.

Re-installing DTM and clients wil have no effect.

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:technical.team@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:26 PM
  • I am running this test for my network drivers and the test pass on my dev set-up but on the other setup it fails for all of the three sub-test and warning i see in the logs is

" Xperf pool action returns error code

xxx events lost in this trace. Data will be unreliable.

This is usually caused by insufficient disk bandwidth for ETW logging.
    Please try increasing the minimum and maximum number of buffers and/or
    the buffer size.  Doubling these values would be a good first attempt.
    Please note, though, that this action increases the amount of memory
    reserved for ETW buffers, increasing memory pressure on your scenario.
    See "xperf -help start" for the associated command line options.

"

Any ideas on what is happening here?

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Hi,

I get also this error code '0' on test step 'Microsoft.WindowsLogoKits.DevFund.MemoryTest.DriverFootprint' when I'm testing our smart card reader drivers. Other test steps of 'Driver Memory Test' are passed. I've installed latest WHCK version 8.59.29688 and and latest HCK Filter Update from August, 22. How can I pass this test? Or can you give me a hint to solve this problem? 

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:02 AM
  • Test passed on 8.59.29692.
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:59 AM
  • For me also the test passed on above WHCK version, but the change that worked was this:

I reduced the RAM from 80 GB to 16 GB, and the test passed.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Test also passed with version 8.59.29692
    Friday, August 24, 2012 12:32 PM
  • there was a filter update yesterday (8/23), perhaps there is another filter update that helps you here.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 24, 2012 4:34 PM