'Tab' button cannot change the focus to ListView item, in Windows 8.1.

Question

• Hi, 

I find some special operations will lead to that 'Tab' button cannot work anymore when using ListView. 

Firstly, load a ListView which has about 100 items(enough to redraw items when scrolling);

Secondly, scroll the ListView to the end;

Thirdly, press 'Tab' to try focus to ListView, ListView will automatically scroll to the start and focus on the first item;

Fourthly, press 'Tab' again to focus other place.

Then you will find that you cannot focus to ListView anymore and all keyboard operation of ListView doesn't work, too. And the outline of first item will display forever...  Some thing like this:

I try the same operations in Windows 8 ListView Sample, everything is normal.

The demo code I use is almost copied from a MSDN ListView Sample. The code and package can found from my skydrive: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1e8435d8f693840e&id=1E8435D8F693840E%21739

Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:23 PM

Answers

• You are correct, I can reproduce this and will file a bug. 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Lattimore Friday, January 17, 2014 1:33 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:07 PM

All replies

• You are correct, I can reproduce this and will file a bug. 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Lattimore Friday, January 17, 2014 1:33 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:07 PM
  • Thanks a lot.

And if there is any progress please tell me.

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:22 AM