HTML5 Audio tags not working in Tablet Simulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Having a bit of a problem and I cant find a solution/answer to this anywhere. I've noticed that when I debug my metro app using the tablet simulator in VS11, the html audio tags no longer work. They work fine when I use the local debugger, but on the tablet it claims that either the audio type is unsupported, or the file location is wrong...Anyone get this problem? I tried using mp3s (which works in windows 8 debugging) and wav's to no avail...is this a known issue?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• You will notice no audio works in the simulator.  You will need to run your app with the local debugger.
    Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:33 PM

All replies

• You will notice no audio works in the simulator.  You will need to run your app with the local debugger.
    Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Thanks a lot for that clarification Jeff! I thought that was the case, however I could not find it documented anywhere. Thanks!
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:35 AM
  • Hi Jeff,
                I try to run this HTML5 page on window 8 tablet qcomm 8960 OS 8159. I am getting following error:- 
    1) Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running activex controls.
    2) Invalid Source
    Commends for above :- 
    1) After clicking on option allow activex control, this warning goes away and screen for video pops up on html5 page.
    2) Invalid source -  Here i am blocked. I have checked the path of source file. it is correct. I tried having source file in the same folder as well. it does not work.
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>
    <video width="320" height="240" autoplay controls loop>
      <source src="C:\Users\yogeshsdsu\Documents\HTML5\videotest3gpp.mp4" type="video/mp4" controls autoplay loops />
      <source src="C:\Users\yogeshsdsu\Documents\HTML5\videotest3gpp.ogg" type="video/ogg" controls autoplay loops />
      Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>
    </body>
    </html>
    Any commend to help me our here will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Yogesh
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:00 PM