Measures question.. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I didn't understand how measures in ssas 2005 works;

I've got a DSV with many populated dimensions and a fact table.

The fact table consists in another dimension created from scratch that simply contains as many columns as the number of the dimensions in my DSV, just to have a foreign key field to link to from any dimension (example: DIMENSION NAME= test PRIMARY KEY=pk_test  join  FACT TABLE on dimension.pk_test -> fact.pk_fact_test).

My fact table was recognized from cube wizard as a fact table, and all the other dimension like dimension.

Wizard takes my fact table and creates a misure group that's identical to my fact table.

Now,

I wanna take 2 fields from a dimension (article name and article type)and put in the rows and another one (time) in a column.

In cube's browser I've noticed that all those fields are full of data.

In the end I'd like to take another field (sales proceeds) from a dimension and put it into the total zone of cube browser.

The actual result is that nothing is displayed into the total zone..

Please can someone help me to understand what's wrong in my configuration?

thanks to everybody

Monday, November 10, 2008 10:43 AM

All replies

• UPDATE:

I was able to create another measure group on the dimension containing sales proceeds field, using the sum condition.

Now i got a browser containing data, but all the fields contains the same value that it seems to be the exact sum of all the sales proceeds contained in the dimension's sales proceeds field.

Why does it seems to ignore the crossing with time and the other 2 fields, article and article type?

Any idea?

thanks for all your assistance and patience..

Monday, November 10, 2008 10:52 AM