none
DeviceEmultor.exe starts eboot.nb0 : problem with downloading OS image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have built an OS image with device emulator BSP. I want to download this image (in release mode) by the device emulator bootloader without using DMA transport so I use DeviceEmulator.exe for launching eboot.nb0. In this way, I see the bootloader menu on console and I can set IP address, subnet mask, mac address and type "D" to start bootloader sending BOOTME message. In VS2005 , Target -> Connectivity options, I can see the device and I select Download = Ethernet, Transport = Ethernet, Debugger = None (or KdStub). I have alredy set BSP_KITL_ETHERNET = 1 (and unset BSP_KITL_DMA = 1 default value). When I click to Attach Device from VS2005, the download image doesn't start....why ?

Thanks, Paolo.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hello Paolo,

Why you are using boot loader for downloading image is there any special need or you want to test the boot loader on device emulator.

Regarding this your boot loader can tell about the issue, try to print debug message about sending and receiving the data

you can also try any other TFTP Client instead of VS2005 for downloading image on emulator.

Anant
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:50 AM
  • I only want to test bootloader on device emulator...

I can't use TFTP from Windows XP becasue Platform Builder use the special port 980 and it is different from TFTP Windows XP default port. Can you tell me any other free good TFTP client ?

It's strange that I can see device in Target->Connectivity Options but then Platform Builder can't receive BOOTME message.

Monday, March 7, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

you can check FileZilla.

Pretty powerful FTP client/server solution.

http://filezilla-project.org

HTH,

Bjoern

Monday, March 7, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Hello paolopat,

here is a sample, 

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/tftp_client.aspx

http://download.cnet.com/Quick-Tftp-Server-Pro/3000-2085_4-10483017.html

I suspect ethernet is not working on the device emulator, are running eboot on the top of os image or directly in device emulator. 

as you said bootme are not received. try simple client server app between device emulator and host pc to check whether connection can be established and there no issue with eth connection.

Anant
    Monday, March 7, 2011 9:23 AM
  • But I need Trivial FTP ... or FileZilla offers both ?
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:12 AM
  • BootMe message arrives to Platform Builder becase I see the device name into Targte -> Connectivity Options form (Download protocol ... Settings) and select it. There is a problem when I click on attach device and PB doesn't start to download image.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Sorry,

should have read your post more carefully.

FileZilla currently does not have TFTP support.

Again,

sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction.

Bjoern

Monday, March 7, 2011 11:31 AM
  • No problem Bjoern, no problem. ;-)

Paolo.

Monday, March 7, 2011 11:32 AM