Facing Problem with Reading Mail from Office365 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1837324441 posted

Dear All,

I am facing one problem with Office365 for last few days, Before we were using Lotus Note and i was able to connect my application with Lotus Note and read all email perfectly but then we migrated from Lotus Note to Office365, I change Host Name but still its giving me error.

I was using LumiSoft.Net.IMAP.Client Dll to read emails,

Old Lotus Note Code : 

// client.Connect("HOST IP", 143, false);
    // client.Login("rajesh.singh@xyz.com", "password");
    // client.SelectFolder("INBOX");

New Code for Office365:

// client.Connect("outlook.office365.com", 993, true);
    // client.Login("rajesh.singh@xyz.com", "password");
    // client.SelectFolder("INBOX");

Error I am getting is : 

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 40.96.21.66:993

Please help me with this issue, 

Thanks

Rajesh

Monday, May 23, 2016 12:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-718146471 posted

You are aware that this dll seems to be for Windows Forms so we may not be able to comment on it because it does not appear to be ASP.NET compliant. I'll try digging around to determine if it is indeed asp.net but at first glance according to the code, they are coding for windows forms.

Monday, May 23, 2016 12:59 PM
  • User-718146471 posted

Ok, after digging a bit more, this seems more like a server-based class rather than client: http://forums.asp.net/t/1611838.aspx?ASP+NET+MVC+or+WebForms+Email+Client+Open+Source+control+or+classes+simples+

Are you wanting the LumiSoft MailServer to pull emails from Outlook365? Does that mean your users will log into your mail server?

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:06 PM
  • User-1837324441 posted

Thanks for reply,

No there wont be any user to access anything, i will keep my email id and password static in code, 

My motive is to read unread emails and find particular particular subject and do some action. it was working perfect with lotus note but after migrating to office365 i am facing this issue.

Please check if you find some solution to this,

Thanks

Rajesh

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:21 PM
  • User-718146471 posted

Rajesh, you have yet to answer if this application is truly ASP.NET or .NET Windows Forms (client application). Please answer this question.

Monday, May 23, 2016 3:47 PM
  • User-1837324441 posted

Currently this is windows application but no matter for help, i can convert asp.net class to windows code.

I just need working solution or i will use asp.net code.

Let me know

Thanks

Rajesh

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:04 AM
  • User-718146471 posted

You are going to be much better off using an ASP.NET IMAP class to do this. That library is designed for windows applications, not web. Let me dig and see what I can find that may help you do this.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:57 PM
  • User-718146471 posted

Ok, so after doing some digging, I did find a stack overflow discussion that deals with this very issue. Take a look and reply back if you get stuck. The gist of this seems to be using web OAUTH flow for authentication. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35728907/single-sign-on-between-office-365-and-web-forms-application

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:04 PM