none
Excel VBA Date Picker in Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I started to create an Excel based tool on a work laptop that had Office 2013 installed. I created a VBA form that used a date picker. I can't remember exactly how but I had to activate more controls for this date picker to become available. I have left that company and had to give the laptop back.

When I opened this workbook on my home PC, running Office 365 the form did not load correctly as the date picker was not available. When I try to load the form an error appears "Compile Error: Can't find project or library."

Please can someone tell me:

• Is the date picker available for Office 365?
    • Should VBA work as usual in Office 365?

Thanks

Carl

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Carl,

Did the data picker means the part of the Windows Common controls from MSCOMCT2.OCX?

If I yes, we can download and register it manually.  And here is thread about register it for your reference:
    Access 2010 Datepicker control missing

>>Is the date picker available for Office 365?<<

As far as I test it doesn't inclued in the Office 365.

>>Should VBA work as usual in Office 365?<<

No, it depneds on the code are devleoping and the specific Office version you installed. There are some limititaions in 64-bit Office.

The 64-bit version of Office may perform better in some cases, but there are limitations:

• Solutions using ActiveX controls library, ComCtl controls won’t work.

• Third-party ActiveX controls and add-ins won’t work.

• Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) that contain Declare statements won’t work in the 64-bit version of Office without being updated.

•   Compiled Access databases, like .MDE and .ACCDE files, won’t work unless they’re specifically written for the 64-bit version of Office.

You can get more detail about it from link below:

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

For the error message "Compile Error: Can't find project or library", I also suggest that you check the reference in VBE->Tools->Reference to see which library is unavailable.

Hope it is hlepful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Carl Sprake Friday, March 13, 2015 7:49 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 2:33 AM