none
Hard to match container os version with that of Windows Insider Preview build for process isolation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Windows requires the host OS version to match the container OS version in order to facilitate process isolation. I want to try the process isolation for more efficient container management. However, none of the Windows Insider updates on my laptop matches container versions on docker hub. I cannot find any way to download & install specific build among past Windows Insider Preview releases. 

The latest Windows Insider Preview container image is '10.0.19551' at the official docker hub repository.

At the moment, my lap top is 'Windows 10 Insider Preview 19546.1000 (rs_prerelease).' When I try to update, it automatically download 'Windows 10 Insider Preview 19569.1000 (rs_prerelease).' No way to download a specific version. 

The problem is that I'm not sure if a container image for '19546' will be available in the future. So, I cannot wait for a newer container image. 

Is there any way to install the update 10.0.19551 on my laptop?

Monday, February 24, 2020 9:46 PM