none
Create alert based on the response body of an availability test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've got some multi step availability tests running .webtests and was wondering if there is any way to create an alert with the condition based on the content of any response of the test.

In this particular use case we've got some tests that sometimes fail and a specific string appears in the response body of a step. We would like to be able to get an alert when this happens.

Anyone been able to do this?

Cheers

Friday, October 25, 2019 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you currently alert for any failed test? If you do where are you sending them?

We send out alerts to a Logic app via a webhook, then use the logic app to push the alert to slack so a logic app may work.

Thanks

Shane

Friday, October 25, 2019 3:19 PM
  • That's what I do, run a logic app that post to slack and sends an email in most cases.

But how is that related to configure an alert based on the content of a response of a step on the webtest?

Thank you

Friday, October 25, 2019 3:34 PM
  • So the failed test you want to alert on reaches the Logic App? Or it fails and doesn't reach the Logic app?

Can you add a condition in the logic app to look for the string in the response?

Shane

Friday, October 25, 2019 3:47 PM
  • I don't think you understood my use case.

I would like to know if it is possible to alert in case the response of the http request contains a certain string.

What the alert does after, run a logic app or whatever, is irrelevant if I can't trigger the alert.

Monday, November 4, 2019 9:33 AM