none
RVSplitContainer Error When Closing Form in Design Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I'm receiving the following error when I close several of my forms when in design mode.  

This project was originally built in VS2010 Professional and I never had the error.  After I upgraded to Visual Studio 2015 I had to install the new Report Viewer for WinForms version 12.0.0.0.

On these forms that are popping the error there is a small ReportViewer placed on the form that I use to print without viewer the rdlc reports.  I'm at a loss of even where to start to figure out what is causing this error.  My project runs just fine with no errors and I only see the error in design mode when closing forms or exiting the project.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Stacy
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:43 PM

All replies

• Stacy,

Something in your code is trying to access the component. Seeing that it shows "cannot access a disposed object" makes sense for what you explain that you only see it when shutting down.

I don't understand how a split container is involved but that seems to be part of what's going on.

Have you set a breakpoint to see if you can figure it out?

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Thursday, November 9, 2017 8:57 PM
  • If this is the report viewer

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.v12/

Then contact the developer (see right hand side of the page) If not the above we need to know more.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, November 9, 2017 9:00 PM
  • Does setting a breakpoint work when you are just in design mode?  I don't get the error when running the application.

What is it even trying to access when it's just in design mode - not even running?

Thanks,

Stacy

Friday, November 10, 2017 12:41 AM
  • Does setting a breakpoint work when you are just in design mode?  I don't get the error when running the application.

What is it even trying to access when it's just in design mode - not even running?

Thanks,

Stacy

I'm lost on that one - I don't know.

Try Karen's suggestion and hopefully you'll get somewhere with it.

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Friday, November 10, 2017 12:46 AM
  • if you laid the report viewer control over a panel control just remove the panel and try to create it again 

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:02 AM