none
Don't appear to have vcruntime source files on my machine that match the dlls.

Question

• So I have had this issue before.  I am told by the debugger that the source files are not found as they were originally on some drive somewhere that was accessible by the Microsoft build server.  It then asks me if I wish to point at the file.  I try and it says, no, that file isn't the one that was used to build the dll.  You want to use it anyway?

This is quite annoying.  The development environment already has the file stored.  I did a search in the VS install paths for multiple versions.  Each version shows that it has a copy.  I try each one and they all are not the right ones.  WTF?

In my current case, the dll is vcruntime140d.dll, I would have expected at least one of the files to be correct (I've got VS 11.0, 12.0, 14.0 and 2017 installed on my machine), so what's the deal?  Why didn't MS send the files that they used to actually build the environment that I have to debug in?

As I said, this isn't the first time I've had this issue and I am getting fed up with it.  My company pays for the stupid licences and they aren't cheap.  I expect not to have to deal with this annoyance.

I don't mind someone marking a post as "Proposed as answer", but DO NOT mark it as "Answered". If I am the OP, I will decide if a post actually answers my post or not. Thank you.

Friday, February 9, 2018 11:02 PM

All replies