my browser keeps redirecting to alternate sights like shopping sights. RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista for an operating system.  When on the internet and either doing a search or after inputting a site URL, as it proceeds to open, the search gets redirected to various other sights like shopping sites.  I can't even do a virus update on Microsoft Security Essentials since when searching for updated viruses, that search gets redirected as well.  I have tried to go into internet settings and browser settings but I am not sure what to do to stop the redirecting.  Any help would be tremendously appreciated. 
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:32 AM

All replies

• This forum is for writing software. I suggest you to visit the IE forums on Microsoft Answers if you are using IE as your browser.

For other browsers, press F1 and follow the browser's help to find support forums.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 25, 2010 9:42 PM
  • Thanks for letting me know.  I will try that out.  I am obviously very new to this resource and appreciate your help and direction.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 10:02 PM
  • Steps you might try are :

1. Start

2. Control panel

3. Security- Check this computer's security status.

4. Internet options

5. General

6 Browsing history

7. Delete

8. Delete all..yes

9 Close

Good luck: It should do the trick.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:47 PM