Sharepoint Designer workflow User ID issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a SharePoint designer workflow for sequential approval workflow.In the history list, the user id is not getting logged for any modification to the tasks or approval status. I tried to use Modified by column of Task List, but it provides System account.Is this nay way to get the User id/name value in SharePoint designer workflow
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:27 PM

All replies

• I am developing a SharePoint designer workflow for sequential approval workflow.In the history list, the user id is not getting logged for any modification to the tasks or approval status. I tried to use Modified by column of Task List, but it provides System account.Is this nay way to get the User id/name value in SharePoint designer workflow
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:31 AM
  • Try using WorkflowContext-Initiator. that should help

Ujwal Seli | MCPD SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:19 AM
  • Sorry,I am using SharePoint Designer 2007. Any solution for 2007?
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Hi,

I believe, its duplicate thread of http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomizationlegacy/thread/c18e9a84-e5dd-4a90-bc1d-70087f008a64.

Moderator, please merge these two thread

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:20 AM
  • I believe workflow always execute at System level and not user specific.

You  would be able extract user details by using workflowProperties object.

I.e. By using workflowProperties.OriginatorUser  we can get details about the user who have initiated workflow.

Also you can try with,

SPUser  _spuser = SPControl.GetContextWeb(Context).CurrentUser;

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:56 PM