How to host dss service without visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a dss service, and I should run it on the computer without the installed visual studio. How I can make it?

thnx
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:57 AM

Answers

• You do not need Visual Studio installed. However, you do need the CCR and DSS core DLLs in the Global Assembly Cache. One way to get them there is to install RDS. Another way is to use the redistributables package that comes with Academic and Standard Editions.

Once you have CCR and DSS installed, you can package your service(s) using DssDeploy and then distribute them to the other computer.

Trevor
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:23 AM

All replies

• You can write an application (console or whatever) that will host the DSSEnviornment, and load up the DSS Nodes... check the hosting tutorials.

-Rich
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:10 PM
  • You do not need Visual Studio installed. However, you do need the CCR and DSS core DLLs in the Global Assembly Cache. One way to get them there is to install RDS. Another way is to use the redistributables package that comes with Academic and Standard Editions.

Once you have CCR and DSS installed, you can package your service(s) using DssDeploy and then distribute them to the other computer.

Trevor
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:23 AM