none
VSTO Addin Menu button style RRS feed

• Question

• Any one can suggest me to apply style for RibbonMenu, RibbonButton Label names should be bold and indent in VSTO Add in project. My environment is VS2015, C#, MS Excel 2013 and 2016.  Trying to achieve Menu name should be bold and indent as like our Excel menu Format -> Cell size, Visibility, Protection in menu group, please suggest.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/898294

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Suresh Jayaraman Murugappa,

you had mentioned 2 things in your description.

Ribbon Menu

Ribbon Button

for which you want to add formatting?

if you want to add formatting to Ribbon Menu i.e. Ribbon Tab then there is no way to add formatting there. you only allowed to changed the text of Ribbon Tab you can see the example of it in pic below.

if you want to add formatting to Ribbon Button then also there is no way to add formatting there. you only allowed to changed the text of Ribbon Button also you can insert an image in button you can see the example of it in pic below.

you want to apply the formatting to the above mentioned objects like the "Format" Dropdown in Home Tab of excel.

but you can see that it is a dropdown control.

so you cant add formatting to Ribbon Tab or Ribbon Button it will looks same as other objects contains by the Office Ribbon for getting same feel and Design , formatting like inbuilt Office controls.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:16 AM

All replies

you had mentioned 2 things in your description.

Ribbon Menu

Ribbon Button

for which you want to add formatting?

if you want to add formatting to Ribbon Menu i.e. Ribbon Tab then there is no way to add formatting there. you only allowed to changed the text of Ribbon Tab you can see the example of it in pic below.

if you want to add formatting to Ribbon Button then also there is no way to add formatting there. you only allowed to changed the text of Ribbon Button also you can insert an image in button you can see the example of it in pic below.

you want to apply the formatting to the above mentioned objects like the "Format" Dropdown in Home Tab of excel.

but you can see that it is a dropdown control.

so you cant add formatting to Ribbon Tab or Ribbon Button it will looks same as other objects contains by the Office Ribbon for getting same feel and Design , formatting like inbuilt Office controls.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:16 AM
  • Thanks Deepak,

I achieved the same in RibbonSeparator control. 

Suresh Jayaraman

Friday, July 15, 2016 4:34 AM

you had mentioned ,"I achieved the same in RibbonSeparator control. "

I did not understand properly.

it did solved your issue?

but I know that Ribbon separator control does not have any formatting property that you had asked in the original post.

can you please describe in details.

Regards

Deepak

Friday, July 15, 2016 11:45 AM